Monday, July 2, 2007

Patriotic Theme

I went to the American Military Cemetery in Cambridge today. I had never been there and I thought it might be a great place to get some patriotic photos. I had so many that I liked, I thought I'd compile them into one board. The statement in the middle is what is written along the top of the wall that is inscribed with 5,126 names of the soldiers of World War II, who were either Missing in Action, lost or buried at sea, or "unknowns" who could not be identified prior to their burials. The full pdf file about the cemetery can be found here.

Click on the photo to view larger.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful !!

Colleen said...

You did a beautiful job with this... a wonderful tribute!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely wonderful! Great job!
The sentiment in the center is so awesome. Glad you captured that!

cherie said...

those are beautiul. a wonderful patriotic tribute! love how you put this together.

Unknown said...

Love it - the poem in the middle is perfect!

Unknown said...

Very, very cool! That's all I can say. Great shots.

Danielle Holsapple said...

I love it - just beautiful!!!

Jane F. Smith said...

oh this is awesome!!! love all the pics and how you arranged them!!

Heather Taylor Photography said...

Wow... your photos are just amazing! These are such beautiful shots... I love the one with the clouds and the crosses... beautiful!

pdxscrappinmamma said...

Ditto to all previous comments. I loved the tribute.

Anna said...

That is great! I have been by there a lot but have never stopped.

jenney said...

Beautiful storyboard!

Wendy said...

This is truly patriotic, Awesome job!!