Sunday, July 29, 2007

Negative Space

I'm going through a bunch of older photos that I hadn't processed yet to look for some negative space examples. I was surprised to come across quite a few!

This photo of the duck was taken at about 3pm, it was daylight, but for some reason the water came out really dark, so I processed it for the water to be completely blacked out, it looks to me like the duck is staring off into the unknown. EXIF: 126mm, 1/320 @ f/4, ISO 200, no flash.
Seagull in flight, taken in the south of England last summer. This photo was actually extremely underexposed. I managed to save it for the most part, thank goodness for RAW! I wont share the EXIF since it wasn't correct for conditions.
Seagull in the sand, same beach. 113mm, 1/500 @ f/8.0 ISO 200, no flash.
This is my brother Shawn at Corfe Castle in England. There was a steep grassy hill with ledges that the kids were jumping and rolling down. Shawn took his turn jumping and it looks like he's about 40 feet in the air as he jumped off each ledge particularly with the first one because you can't really see his shadow. These were a lot of fun. He made it down safely. EXIF for both photos: 78mm, 1/250 @ f/8. ISO 100, No Flash.
Coming in for the landing.

9 comments:

Jane F. Smith said...

I like the duck shot...makes you wonder about where he's looking..lol!!
The shots of your brother jumping are great!!!

cherie said...

those of your brother are way cool. was great how you saved the other shots!those are good examples of why i need to learn pp ! thnaks for sharing.

Anna said...

Great pictures. I like the ones of your brother at Corfe Castle!

Unknown said...

that duck shot is cool like it a lot - and that action shot is great as well:)

Anonymous said...

These are all very nice! I especially like the duck too!

Wendy said...

These are wonderful photos!! Specially love the ones of your brother...

Heather Taylor Photography said...

WOW, those jumping shots are incredible!!! Very cool!

pdxscrappinmamma said...

Fun shots. I've never seen a seagull with a black head. The duck and brother are also my favorites.

pixelchick said...

Great pictures, I love the "coming in for a landing photos!