Monday, June 18, 2007

Altered Canvas

I made this canvas yesterday, it's my first one! It actually took two tries, the first time I mod podged it and then used the mod podge to past the photos on, and they turned pink!!! Yuck! So I tore them off and then had to print them out almost EXACTLY the same size and try again, without mod podge and try and cover up where I tore it off. Overall, I like the way it came out. The only thing I would change is the rub-on that goes through our foreheads and my chin, I would have just done the Life is good part, not the border, but oh well! It's not that bad unless you are looking for things wrong.

7 comments:

Colleen said...

This is SO COOL! I love the color scheme and how you have the letters hanging off the canvas!

cherie said...

I think you did an excellent job. I like how you used the letters. very nice design.

tasra said...

I like the happy yellow color you used in contrast with the b/w photos. The letters coming off the canvas are great too! I think you did very well for your first canvas...did you hang it on your wall yet?

Unknown said...

love it --

Wendy said...

Don't be so critical of your work!! I think it turned out great!! Your a wonderful artist and photographer, be proud of yourself!!

Anna said...

I absolutely Love it. You did an amazing job!!!

Unknown said...

No matter how the outcome is I am loving the idea of Canvas Photo in the recent times. No wonder they do comprise a lot of efforts as the person who makes these have to go through a lot of concentration. It would be unwise therefore to derive flaws and we should appreciate the creations and here the outcome is too good mate.