Sunday, December 31, 2006

Fun with Wild Rose

I started off with a challenge to myself to use my Ribbon Originals that I hadn't used yet, and this is what I ended up with! I started off with an approximately 80/20 fold of a standard size card cut longwise in Mellow Moss, then I added a layer of Bravo Burgandy. I put on the recollections paper and wrapped it with my ribbon but it seemed plain, so I stamped happy, and birthday from the "happy joyful birthday!" stamp of small sayings and sponged a little creamy caramel over it and put it under some hodgepodge hardware.

When it came to the main image I stamped the rose, but it seemed so lonely and I couldn't figure out how I wanted to fill in the blank part. I remembered using french script on a previous card and I liked the way it looked, so I stamped off french script in bravo burgandy, and then stamped linen on top of the whole thing in creamy caramel, and sponged the edges with creamy caramel.

The card kept popping open, so I thought I would add some photo turns to hold the clasp down, only I mounted them on the wrong side of the card, so my flap wasn't staying shut, but I already had holes so i didn't want to take them out. Instead I exchanged them for the triangle clasps and added another brad on the opposite side to hold it closed, and it worked! It still opens very easy yet stays closed otherwise.

I think this is another into my box of favorites!

No comments: