Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Jen Goes Paparazzi!

So they are filming at Ely Cathedral for a movie called The Other Boleyn Girl. It stars Eric Bana, Scarlett Johansson, Natalie Portman, and Kristen Scott Thomas. They are here for 3 days doing some last minute scenes for the film, so after work Jennifer (my neighbor) and I went over to the Cathedral to see if we could catch a glimpse of some stars!

While I was there, there was a couple of freelance photographers (read: paparazzi) that were hanging out trying to do the same. I was admiring their camera equipment and started chatting with them. One of them was very nice and even gave me a bit of a lesson in this kind of photography! We also were chatting with security who told us tomorrow will be the best day to be there, yeah! I plan on going back at least tomorrow to check it out and see if I can't get some good shots. Scarlett Johansson wasn't actually there today, but I hear she will be tomorrow!

So, I here's some of the shots I DID get. I took about 50, but most of them were of extras and nothing very exciting.

Natalie Portman hiding behind an umbrella (or brolly as they are called here).

Kristen Scott Thomas leaving the area.

I call these the 3 amigos, wrong country, wrong era, I know. But they looked cool in costume anyway.
More extras.
The Scene from where I was standing.
This is Jason, the photographer that was giving me some pointers. Look at that lens!! : )

6 comments:

cherie said...

wow you were the paparazzi for sure! sounds like you had fun.looking forward to the next installment of paparazzi shots from you!

pixelchick said...

Thats awesome Jen! Hope you got the shots you wanted today and it was great that your new photography friend gave you pointers. AND his lens wow!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you may have a new calling! LOL! I can tell you from experience, those big lenses are super heavy and you have to use the monopod to keep from having a lot of camera shake. I'm not real comfortable with them but maybe it just takes some getting used to.
Hope you get some more good shots tomorrow!

Colleen said...

THAT is TOO COOL!!! Can't wait to see your shots tomorrow!!

photo_chick said...

I don't know if I could do the whole paparazzi thing... Maybe if Vin Diesel were in the movie!

It looks like you had fun though!

Mo said...

Just found your blog by accident and love the shots of the filming of The other Boleyn Girl. It's my favourite Philippa Gregory book. Can't wait for the film to come out now!