Monday, November 27, 2006

Challenge for today.

There was a fun challenge posted on POTN (Photography On the Net) yesterday to post a photo of a screw in one way or another. I was already in bed, so I decided to give it a shot today (no pun intended). These are my takes, though the "hot" one was somewhat inspired by another guys photo. My original intention was to have it red and hot at the top and fade into cold blue at the bottom, but I couldn't get photoshop to cooperate with me so I left it as is. Unfortunately it ended up very similar to the other guys photo. I don't think he was impressed, but I wasn't purposely trying to copy his photo. Well, you can't win them all.

It's always fun to have ideas given to you to take pictures of things you wouldn't ordinarily take pictures of. It helps spark creativity and get you thinking about what else you can photograph. I think I'll be searching through all of my drawers now for odd stuff that looks like it would make an interesting photo.

No comments: