Sunday, November 26, 2006

My first blog

Well, I figured it's time to jump on the blog bandwagon. I've seen so many exciting blogs that I thought I would start my own that included my favorite hobbies, Stampin', Scrappin', and Photography.

First a little introduction.

I'm Jen, and I've been scrapbooking since I graduated High School in 1998. My aunt gave me a Creative Memories scrapbook along with some supplies to get started and away I went. I stopped for a while due to finances, and other obligations. Two and a half years ago I got married and I had many reasons to start up again, so off I went full steam ahead.

Since I liked scrapbooking so much, my mom thought I would be interested in Stampin' Up!. She had recently signed up to be a demonstrator and mailed me the information and catalogue for me to peruse through. Boy was that I mistake (or not)! I wanted everything I saw, so I signed up to be a demonstrator in August 2005. I work as a veterinary technician, and I also go to school, so I do Stampin' Up! classes and workshops in between things. Usually not more than one or two per month. I do spend many evenings in my craft room creating away however. Card making and well, everything else that stays still enough for me to stamp it are now passions of mine as well. I spend a lot of time at www.splitcoaststampers.com gaining invaluable stamping knowledge and getting tons of ideas.

In order to scrapbook it is helpful to have photos to scrap. I have always loved taking lots of photos, but in March 2006 my dear hubby let me buy a Canon Digital Rebel XT, and my photography passion has also taken off. I love all aspects of photography, but my favorite is nature and animals, as well as macro photography. This is where most of my concentration is, but I'll take photos of whatever gets in my way.

I'm not sure how I find the time to do all these things, but I manage, and I love it! Hopefully this blog will inspire other people as I have been inspired by them.

-Jen

No comments: