Sunday, September 30, 2007

Lots O' Cards..and a cat.

Ok, I didn't take photos of EVERY card that I made, I made a lot of duplicates, so I grouped some together. I did succeed in using ALL of last years Holiday Designer Series Paper (Holiday Thyme). I told myself I would not buy anymore until I used up what I had, and I did it! Of course now my Christmas cards are done so I wont need any until next year! We'll see what cool stuff they come out with then!

This first card is going to be our We've moved card! Once we have a new address, I'll mail them out to our family so they can know where we're at!

Stamps: Boatloads of Love, Loads of Love Accessories, Flannel Plaid BG
Paper: Bayou Blue, Soft Sky, Sage Shadow, Whisper White
Ink: Same, plus Ruby Red, River Rock, Really Rust and Creamy Caramel, Black Stazon
Accessories: Brads, Eyelets, Soft Sky Double Stitched Ribbon, Oval Punch, Designer Tag Punch, Eyelets

A lot of babies being born in my pregnancy group this month! This is one of the congrats on the baby girl cards I made! For the mane of the giraffe I cut the edge off one side of pink grosgrain ribbon and frayed it, then adhered it to the card.

Stamps: Bundle of Joy, Hugs and Wishes,
Paper: Basic Grey PP, Barely Banana, Pretty In Pink, Watercolor Paper, Very Vanilla
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Barely Banana, Black Stazon, Versamark
Accessories: Pink Gingham, MM Brads, Signo White Gel Pen



The following 4 photos are of Christmas cards, many of the ideas or layouts were cased or inspired from SCS. I made a lot of duplicates, and a few more that I didn't photograph but ended up with almost 50 Christmas Cards just in the last week! I'll send them with our express shipment so we'll have them in time to send for Christmas (I hope!)
These are made from recycled tags that were on Christmas Gifts last year. They were too cute to throw away so I knew I had to reuse them!
And something funny (obviously before I packed up my stamp room). I noticed the cat hadn't been running around like usual and wasn't crying for her breakfast one morning and thought I better go check on her. Since she shares my stamp room as her place where the dog isn't allowed, I do worry that she might get in trouble since she's known for eating plastic, ribbon and anything else that isn't tied down.

So I popped upstairs, and open the door to find this:



Now, I've always known to cut your plastic soda can rings before throwing them away because you never know what animal might get stuck in it, but it never occurred to me to make sure I didn't leave any complete circles cut in paper lying around! I'm not exactly sure HOW she managed this, but she did, and luckily I was able to get it off without any issues (though she's now on a strict diet!) So be warned!! Leave no whole holes lying around your house, your pet might get trapped!

Also, for those of you who have never had the opportunity to meet Eibach (the cat), and are wondering about her strange appearance (aside from the piece of paper around her middle). That is indeed the full length of her legs. She's a breed called a Munchkin. They carry a gene similar to that of a dachshund, only in cats, so her body is standard size, but her legs are extremely short. That's as tall as she gets!

That's my update for now! It will be a while before I post more cards as my stamp room is just about fully packed. All the essentials are in boxes ready for shipment. I maybe working on more digital layouts in the meantime though, so keep an eye out for those!

6 comments:

Colleen said...

OMG I am CRACKING UP...LOL!!! The look on the cats face when you are snapping pics instead of ripping that paper off says ...well... things I won't say 'aloud' in mixed company!!

JenMarie said...

Gorgeous cards!!!
What a beautiful kitty!

kdj said...

Great cards! The giraffe card is super cute ... and your cat is fantastic!

cherie said...

that shot of the cat too funny ! love your cards.hope all is going well.

Unknown said...

Jen- Those peace cards with the snowflakes are so beautiful! Your cat is too funny!

StampingBetty said...

what a cutie!